Landscape Industry Size
- What is the size and growth of the U.S. landscaping industry?
- In 2018, U.S. landscaping services generated around $99 billion in revenue. The industry employs close to 1 million people and includes about 500,000 companies.
- From 2015 to 2020, the growth of the landscape industry has been about 3.8% per year.
Typical Landscape Company Profile
- What is the average revenue and number of employees in a U.S. landscaping company?
- The largest company is about $2.3B with 20,000 employees.
- The 100th ranked company is $21M with 375 employees.
- Over 50% of companies have less than 10 employees, 90% of companies are less than 50 employees.
- Over 50% of landscape companies are less than $500,000 in revenue, over 35% are between $500k and $2.9M, and only 10% are over $3M in revenue.
- What are the major services that make up the landscaping industry?
- Commercial and residential landscape maintenance,
- Landscape construction,
- Chemical lawn care and pest control,
- Irrigation systems,
- Tree services,
- Clearing or branch removal around utility lines.
- What are the tasks performed by landscaping employees?
- Workers in the landscape industry perform a variety of tasks including mowing, trimming, planting, watering, sod laying, seeding, fertilizing, digging, raking, and installation of irrigation systems, block walls, patios and walkway
Landscape Industry Employment and Wages
- What is the average wage of U.S. Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers?
What are the largest expenses for a landscape company?
- Wages & compensation
- Fuel for operations
- Equipment purchase
- Equipment maintenance